Monday, February 16, 2009

Protecting the"Man Card"




This will be a random blog but it is on my mind and I feel obligated to help my hubby out-- you know help him protect his man card..


I was going through his Ipod the other day -- and I know there are several songs on there that would seem funny for him to have if folks saw them--but they remind him of our dating days-- some of my favorite songs-- and I am okay with that-- most are love songs anyway -- so he can play that off--


But while going through his "GYM" playlist, I was little concerned when I saw "Put your records on" by Corinne Bailey Rae-- Yes one of my favorite songs but I don't know if Joe can get away with it on his "GYM" playlist-- I mean is it me or can you all see Joe lifting weights singing a Liberating Woman's song-- with a chorus like this.....


"Girl, put your records on, tell me your favorite song

You go ahead, let your hair down, Sapphire and faded jeans, I

hope you get your dreams, Just go ahead, let your hair down.

You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow."


So Joe-- you know how you tell your buddies -- you just lost your man card?? Okay well I am helping you out here-- before you get caught-- move that song quick... hide it-- I promise I won't tell anyone it was ever there ;)


BTW--I love you :)

2 comments:

mindy said...

I think you're gonna get in trouble for this one...

WV Girl said...

oooohhhh...should not-a done it!