Thursday, February 19, 2009

A New Spin on an Old Trick

We seem to have a constant theme during our dinners lately-- we have added barstools to our kitchen furniture, and have been eating at the island and the kids want to constantly turn around and watch TV, and we constantly say-- stop watching tv--

I know you are thinking-- why don't we just turn off the TV-- that would probably be to easy--plus I wouldn't have gotten this great story out of it....


Scene: Payten and Carter eating at the bar, and they were behind me as I was trying to pour drinks etc. Periodically I would turn around and say-- stop watching TV--then the conversation progressed as such


Payten: "Carter you know mommy has eyes in the back of her head, you better not turn around and watch tv."


Me: "I see you - you better turn around and eat."


Carter: "Why I not have eyes in back my head so I watch tv?"

2 comments:

WV Girl said...

Who does he get his "smarts" from?

mindy said...

Good question WV girl. We know where the smart mouth comes from though. ;)