Saturday, November 29, 2008

We Did it

This was a first "Big Girl" Thanksgiving for me. Mindy and I coordinated this extravagant Thanksgiving lunch, that turned out excellent. The boys helped too-- in fact B rad made the "Freaking Turkey". (He was the only one that could convince Mindy that he wouldn't mess it up :) )

I can't complain normally we go home (to Sanford) and are spoiled by Joe's Family, and my family who prepare this really great meal for us and we just sit there and visit and eat, and we missed seeing our families this year, but it felt really good to be the one preparing for my kids.

And being with the Horners is like being with family, so it worked out just perfect!!

We even told them we had a family tradition of going around to tell everyone what we are Thankful for, we really do not have that tradition, normallly the tables are too big for that, but the Horners played along -- and the kids loved it-- so maybe it will become a tradition.

And guess what? We fed 9 people for about 3.5 meals-- so we had plenty food, and a great time---Thanks Horners for sharing a "Fabulous" Thanksgiving with us.

1 comment:

mindy said...

Thanks again for having us. That was the fastest Thanksgiving Day I can ever remember. Time FLIES when you are with the Brownies. Love you guys!

I still gotta blog about the CVS haul...it's coming...