Sunday, November 30, 2008

The 10 Things I learned on Black Friday

10. Walmart is really crazy at 5am, and there are way more than just shopping Moms there

9. Never volunteer to push the cart-- that's the "crap" job-- and if you do volunteer, stand up for your right to push, don't let your friend pull the front to rush through the crowds, people don't like there heels being run over--remember you'll look like the culprit because you are behind the cart

8. Always remember what your friend is wearing, if you get separated you are out of luck --oh and cell phones would have been a good idea, but they would've had to fit in pockets with all of the (or my) hidden money.


7. Not all people are mean and pushy on Black Fridays, in fact you can make friends at EVERY store

6. The Kohls line looks crazy long but moves fast, and there are interesting conversations along the way

5. It is okay to dress cute and carry your money in normal places like a pocket book, no one will "jack" you on Black Friday-- but whatever you do -- do NOT park in the back lot of a store-- that is asking for trouble


4. You can almost wet yourself, right after a potty break, when you think your friend is admitting things out loud in their stall and you think there are other people in the bathroom she is not aware of

3. You can make it to 12 stores in 8 hours even with the crowds

2. 12 stores in 8 hours can really wipe a girl (or girls) out

And the # 1 thing I learned on Black Friday


1. Miracles do not happen for everyone, just because the tag says so.

2 comments:

mindy said...

Cute. Were you trying to protect my identity? I admit I was the crazy cart puller and the cutesy dresser. ;) But I still think Miracles can happen for everyone...you just gotta make sure you push and in all the right places.

Julie Holt said...

I went out too...I wasn't dressed cute...but I did carry my new cute pocketbook....