Sunday, November 16, 2008

Brown Party of Two

Joe and I celebrated our 8th anniversary at the Melting Pot last night. It is not quite our anniversary but we had a perfect opportunity since the kids were slumbering with my mom (thanks again mom).

We love the Melting Pot --it is a cool place, it is our place, it is where we got engaged, and where we have celebrated many date nights before. Although you don't have to dress up, we like to get all dressed up to go, the lighting is low and romantic, and it is more than a dinner-- it is really an experience. It takes a couple of hours to get through the three courses. So perfect for our anniversary date night, because for two hours while we watched our food cook, we talked..

We talked about our past, we talked about today, and we talked about what we will do 40 years from now, all through the smoke of a Fondue pot.

I don't think we had one bit of silence the entire time (except for when we were chewing of course). Thank you Joe for a wonderful anniversary--I could not have asked for a more perfect night out...


3 comments:

Georgia said...

How Fun! Happy early Anniversary! I can't believe it has been 8 years! What fun we had on your special day! I have such great memories from all the wedding festivities! Hope you enjoyed your weekend! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

A perfect weekend with the perfect wife. I had a great time!!! I look forward to celebrating many more to come. Joe

WV Girl said...

Happy A to the A and J!!!!