Sunday, October 26, 2008

Foreign Language Lessons: Taught by Payten Brown

When Payten was in kindegarten she taught me a quick spanish lesson before going to the circus, I was stressing a little because I was assigned to a spanish speaking little girl, and spanish speaking I am not...

Lesson # 1
Me: "Payten what am I going to do with Fernanda I don't know how to speak spanish"

P8n: "You can count to 10 in spanish"

Me: "A lot of good that is going to do me"

P8n: "I know something else in spanish"

Me: "What"

P8n: "Sietaday" (Commentary: no clue how to spell this, just spelling the way she said it)

Me: "What does that mean?"

P8n: "Sit down"

Me: "Great so I can count to 10 and say sit down all day to her"

P8n: "yep"

Tonight we had another opportunity for a lesson, this time in chinese. When I called the front desk of the Hotel to ask for Joe's room, they told me they could not understand me when I asked for room 605-- so I hung up the phone frustrated- then Payten taught me my next lesson--

Lesson #2
P8n: "I want to talk to daddy"

Me: "Me too but they didn't understand me"

P8n: "I have an idea; call them back and say Kaneechee baba, then say I want room six 'o' fy"

Me: "What is Kaneechee baba?"

P8n: "I don't know just call them and say that and then ask for room six 'o' fy, I think that will work"

Remind me to take Payten on my next international trip-- she is a big help :)

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is hilarious. So ... did it work??

mindy said...

Are you still talking about being stuck with Fernanda. I have apologized a million times already. ;)

Rebecca said...

Too funny...she is a smart cookie. Did it work?

Ashley B said...

I was too scared to try it -- scared of finding out what kaneechee baba might really mean-

Ashley B said...

Mindy- I almost started this blog with "Mindy I am not blogging this to give you a hard time..." but then I decided it would be more fun to make you think I was giving you a hard time :) I think I will give you a hard time and blog on the "shut up" story while I am on the circus trip--- HE HE HE

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!!!

mindy said...

There is no shut up story. I'm good thanks.