Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Almost home

Tonight 9:30 pm, the long awaited return of my hubby-- I can't wait- I think I will surprise him with a dinner Thursday night- take out from Li's Chinese restaurant-- think he will like that? -- I bet he will not want to hear the word Chinese for about 6 months.

And I will try not to embarrass him with this little story--but today he told me he was ready to come home after the 3rd or 4th day, and I had to tell him -"it was day 2 that you emailed me and said you were ready to come home", and that is okay with me--because I beat him-- I wanted him home an hour after he left.

I have to say I will miss being spoiled a little bit. I have not had to think of one dinner this entire week -- it has been planned for me, Payten picked up and dinner ready- okay I tell a story--I did make a dinner one time for everyone just because I couldn't officially mooch the whole time, but I know that it was not expected. ----Mindy and Brad-- do you think we can just start including Joe-- but still spoil me -:)

Actually, I really say all of this just to say --thank you for including Pay, Carter and I, in your plans each night just like we were Horners, and insisting that we be there. And a special little thanks to Brad for the Peppers--UMMMMM - I can't get enough of those.

I am really lucky because I had many offers for help from all of my friends and my mom and I really appreciate all the offers and all the calls to check on me, it is nice to feel cared for when the one person you care about the most is 7,000+ miles away. So thank you so much to everyone.

Now all I can say is Jet plane(s) bring him home!!

3 comments:

mindy said...

I think Joe might have been there too long...he looks a little Chinese in that picture!

Anonymous said...

Glad your hubby is coming back today!!!! PS Horners...my soon to be hubby is gone from me almost everyday of the week...when do I start getting meals...if the rule is you have to have kids, I'll bring Sawyer :)

And if he doesn't feel like Chinese...try Japanese

Ashley B said...

Oops-- didn't mean to start something--it might be about the kids or it might be because I am a skeerdy cat not sure-- but I will make you dinner Stacie O-- poor little thing