Thursday, October 30, 2008

Umm I don't think so

Joe took over 300 pictures of his trip to China and of all of the pictures of the Great Wall, and Tineman Square and the Forbidden City-- this was the one that stood out the most to me. And no your eyes are not deceiving you -- this is a toilet in the floor. Let me repeat-- in the floor...

Now this may not be a surprise to some of you more well traveled folk but when he told me this was in all of the public places and that you have to squat-- I said oh no--- I can't even do that in nature. And something tells me if I can't do it ---then there is a high proportion of the millions and millions of people in China that have similar aim issues. I went back through the pictures and started looking at the backs of the pants of people just to see-- okay that is a joke-- just seeing if you are still reading.....

Oh boy-- this would have my IBS in an uproar

5 comments:

Jo said...

Ashley,

The one you show is a good one actually. The bad ones are just a hole in the ground. I've used both types and this one is not half bad. I'd do it again, although I'd try to avoid the hole in the ground.

I read somewhere that squatting (like little kids do, with feet flat on the floor) is actually healthier than sitting on western-style toilets. We're so unaccustomed to having to do that, though, that most adults cannot. Try it. I fall over backwards every time no matter how much yoga I do.

At any rate, don't knock it till you try it. ;-)

Enjoyed this one!

Jo

mindy said...

But this is a "mens room" right? (hope so!) Are the womens the same??

Ashley B said...

No this was a unisex bathroom--

WV Girl said...

You know me...if it even smells a tiny bit bad I turn right back around and hold it till I get home. I am definitely not a public bathroom kind of girl.

Ashley B said...

Yes this would really suck for you Stace :)