Friday, May 30, 2008

The Song Remembers When...

Trisha Yearwood had a great song-- called "The Song Remembers When"--and is all about hearing songs that take you back--- I have put "Our Song" on my blog because everytime I hear it -- I smile-- to explain would take a really long story that still would probably not make sense to the common person-- but that is okay-- it still makes me smile---

When I hear "real" beach music--or Jimmy Buffet--- I always think of my BFF Kristy Cotton-- and it takes me back to summers spent at the beach-- even buying our first Jimmy Buffet tape at Barefoot Landing---

"I Will Survive" reminds me of my college girlfriends-- we even danced and sang it at my wedding--- I remember the DJ turning down Gloria Gaynor while we continued to sing without her--

"Heads Carolina, Tails California" and "Wide Open Spaces" (arm movements and all) remind me of Julie and Steph and Karaoke

"Build Me Up Buttercup" reminds me of my mom-- we sang it to my niece Madison when she was a baby and to Payten when she was a baby--Payten always calls it Mimi's song

And I never hear the song "I Already Do" without thinking of my Joe-- another sweet story that probably only he and I will get-- yet it always gives me a great feeling when I hear it----

What songs take you back? Leave me comments and tell me about it

2 comments:

mindy said...

we have a song?

mindy said...

and don't forget about the song Best Days. That one brings back great memories and a healthy little dose of fear for our safety.

But seriously...we have a song?

:)