Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"Rubber Neckin'" Conspiracy



Every day I travel interstate 485 to work-- a 22 mile drive that on days like today can turn into over an hour drive home due to traffic. And you know the amazing thing of it all-- is that there was only one little fender bender the whole way home today---

It was raining-- and that was bad sign #1 that it was going to be a rough travel day-- I would have been late to pick up the kids-- but thanks to my buddies that always step up-- the kids were picked up with time to spare-- I was tense all the way up through my shoulders by the time I got home---

And as I was stressing about making it home-- I had this thought-- Maybe people have fun just pulling off the side of the road to slow down traffic. Today there were several cars just sitting on the side of the road---and if there is one car sitting on the side of the road-- everyone is "rubber necking" and the car could be perfectly fine just sitting there-- Maybe there is a conspiracy-- a group of people that just decide they are going to park on the side of 485 to hose up traffic... I think one day if I have nothing better to do--I will join the little group--kinda like a science project-- a little test-- I will just pull off to the side of the interstate and see how long traffic backs up just watching me sit there "rubber necking" right back at the passer bys--- -

Okay I feel better now.......

1 comment:

Georgia said...

Wow- 22 miles! That is a hike. We are all excited because Ellie's new school will only be 1 mile from our house and Mason's office vs the 3 or 4 that we drive now to her school! We are planning on biking it most days! Life in a college town.....we miss you guys!