Thursday, April 3, 2008

"The List"

Payten has published her first "Frind List" and it's a good one according to me. As I look at it I wonder how many of these little ones will stay on the list for a long time, and how many will be replaced by the new "frind" next year. For selfish reasons I hope several of these stay for a long time-- because they are good kids, and have good parents who I happen to enjoy.

And while we are discussing Payten I must let you know about our conversation tonight while watching the good wholesome Family show American Idol

First conversation while watching the Tattooed Carly from Ireland:

Payten: Why does she have all of those Tattoos up her arm? That is weird

Me: I don't know but you should see her husband he has Tattoos all over-- even on his head

Payten: That is even more weird

Me: Yes it is-- look there he is.

Payten: He does have tattoos all over, actually that girl is kinda cool with the Tattoos on her arm

Me: You think that is cool?

Payten: Yeah kinda

Me: Would you do that?

Payten: Well maybe-- it is cool

Me: You will have a hard time getting a job with tattoos like that

Payten: Hmmmm

(I guess we will have to work on this one--hopefully she will go back to them being weird-- real soon)

Conversation # 2 (after the last guy sang Dolly Parton's -- "It's all wrong But It's All Right")

Payten: What does that song mean, I am confused by that

Me: It is okay baby-- that is a little older than you-- you should be confused by it

Payten: Oh mommy...

Who knew American Idol would spark such conversation with a 6 year old who is just old enough to start her first "Frind" list.

3 comments:

mindy said...

Love the "frind" list. You definately gotta keep that. I also like the bathroom instructions she posted on the door. You need to post a pic of those too. Smart girl...must've had a great Kindergarten teacher...too bad she didn't teach her to spell "friend." :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... That was a fairly tame conversation. When Joanna was 4 yrs old, she asked me if you had to be married to have a baby. Once again, the hard questions always were to me. I explained that God wanted every baby to have a mommy & daddy. She says, "Well, I KNOW that, but do you HAVE to be married!" I never lied to her. So, I said no you did not have to be, but it was the best for a baby to have a mommy and daddy. She says, "OK. If you don't have one soon, I am!" She reallllllyyyyy wanted a baby sister. And, of course, a television show on single parents was on that evening. She saw that and turned to me and said, "See I knew you didn't have to be married"!! Children are wonderful. I look forward to Joanna having her own and going through everything she put me through. :) And I get to spoil them!! WooHoo!! Love to all, Linda

Georgia said...

I love it! Payten is so smart and so cute! The cool thing about the frind list is that it is ever chaging! I still think about our fun times sitting in Doughton Hall doing nothing! The questions will get better- you should ask Tricia about the day that the girls said- we know about S-E-X- but, how does it get in there???? Tricia was driving and about had to pull off the road....yikes! I'm glad to know we are a few years from that! Miss you!!!- Georgia