Saturday, March 29, 2008

An Empty Nest



An empty nest that is what we have this weekend. The kids have gone to Mimi's house for the weekend. The first time that we have actually stayed home with no kids-- And even though I was super duper excited about having a weekend alone with Joe--that excitement still wasn't even enough to ease the pit in my stomach as I watched them drive away with Poppi Friday afternoon.

So tonight is date night and normally I have two kids to get ready-- but now I just find myself thinking what can I do until Joe gets done-- Oh-- I will Blog-- sad huh? I am always thinking, I am tired, and would love to just sit here and rest-- just a minute. Now my babies are gone and I just don't know what to do with myself---Resting doesn't seem to be the best option though.

And you could hear a pin drop in our house today but when I call mom I hear nothing but little voices laughing with excitement, and when I say are you ready to come home-- they say NO :).

It is a great thing really-- a win win situation-- My mom is so excited she is talking a mile a minute everytime I talk to her-- telling me the next funny story-- the kids are excited and I can definitely say it is nice to have some alone time with Daddy--oh and did I mention-- tonight is date night-- and not just a date night-- it comes with no worries about getting home at a certain time, or paying someone to watch the kids, just an easy going night with my hubby---

I miss the little boogers and will be so glad to see them tomorrow-- but tonight I will just enjoy my hubby and a quiet home and get prepared for the busy mommy world again tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Treasure these moments. They are what make life worth living and they make the memories that will make you smile when you are older and the children are all grown.

Kids are great, but you married because you wanted to spend your life with HIM. It's always nice to remind yourself of that through date nights.