Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Week in Review---




What a week, I have been in Bloomfield, CT all week--in Black Belt Six Sigma training. For those of you that know what that is you may be able to empathize with me, if you don't know what it is you may know more than you ever want to know over the next four months, as I have a feeling it will have me blogging so as not to lose my mind....so since I haven't been around this week to blog--thought I would do a week in review----so here goes


Highlights of the week
  • My farewell luncheon (always nice to be surrounded by friends and fam before you leave)
  • Laughing at the lady whose undies fell out of her suitcase which came open as she got off the shuttle bus at the airport--and laughing at the shuttle bus driver saying--- Mam are these yours (this is SO going to come back and get me--why did I laugh)
  • Learning that the lady I was traveling with was on the Newlywed show, and lost because she didn't want to tell the truth in front of her in laws
  • Laughing at my boss saying "If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down". I have heard this phrase before recently in reference to all the water shortage and how often you should flush, but this time I found it extremely funny-- that was after 6 hours of statistics training on a Wednesday
  • Good Food (and Free food at that)
  • Laughing uncontrollably at the bell curve graphs which once the trainer added dots to the top ended up looking like boobs. (this was pointed out to me by someone at my table who shall remain nameless) After 7.5 hours of statistics training on a Wednesday I was getting the "to tired to stop laughing giggles" so bad that I was crying. The funny part is the instructor thought I was crying because of the stress of the class and came to check on me after class--
  • Daily calls from the Family-- with I love yous, good morning, have a good day, and good nights-- I even got a couple of cute voicemails saved that I can reference anytime my heart needs it
  • Daily check in voicemails from my buddies (even a nice serenade from Amos), and nightly debrief calls with my debriefing buddy.
  • A great welcome back and a welcoming committee full of people that make me happy...
Not so Highlights of the week
  • 36 hours of Stats (especially since it has been over 12 years since my last Stats class)
  • Leaving the Fam on a Sunday and being away from them all week
  • No exercise to counteract the good free food --even though I was fully prepared to walk every night and told everyone that was my plan...didn't happen
  • Anticipating the next 3 weeks of training over the next 3 months
  • Leaving the Fam on a Sunday and being away from them all week
  • Anticipating a report out on my project on week 4 in front of a lot of really important people
  • Leaving the Fam on a Sunday and being away from them all week
  • Anticipating an end of class test
  • Leaving the Fam on a Sunday and being away from them all week
  • 30 minute delayed Flight home (30 mins doesn't sound like a lot, but seems like hours when you are trying to get home to see the fam)

Well there you go--- my week in review, I know I will be proud of myself once I accomplish my black belt (this is not in karate by the way-- that would require that exercise I didn't do all week) but it may be a stressful road to get there.... May have to increase the # of times I get hair color before this is all over with----

1 comment:

mindy said...

Welcome back. Oh, and thank you for the airplane snack mix. I've always wanted something from Connecticut. :)