Thursday, August 26, 2010

Progressive Lunch Rooms

One of the funniest things about picking Carter up from school yesterday was him telling me about his lunch. We let him pick whether he would like to take his lunch, or eat in the cafeteria, He chose the cafeteria.
So when I picked him up yesterday I asked him what he had for lunch-- and he said "steak on top of wice (remember he is not good with his r's) with chocolate on top"

It reminds me of a story my mom tells about my brother in Kindergarten-- She said that he use to come home and tell her he had "oysters" for lunch. She couldn't figure out what he was talking about until she started looking at the daily school menu in the newspaper. She finally realized that everytime they had tator tots on the menu-- he had "oysters"

Thankfully I didn't have to search the newspapers-- I had Payten to set us straight-- she let us know right away that the "steak" was actually meatballs, and the "chocolate" was actually gravy-- wheww--- I thought I was gonna have to talk to him about healthy lunch choices :)

No comments: