Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Faith in this Girl!!


Payten spent 6 summer Tuesdays with Ms. Melissa, because Ms. Melissa gave up her Tuesdays, while home from college, to spend time with Payten and other little girls her age taking them through the Faithgirlz Handbook.

She taught them how to appreciate their inner beauty, how to treat others with kindness, that God created them and loves them just the way they are,,,,,and lots more....

How awesome that she would give up a day a week of her summer break, to spend time with "little girls", when most soon to be college sophomores are busy thinking of themselves (I know I was :)).

So while she was encouraging all of these little girls it made me realize how lucky I am to have such a wonderful role model in my little girl's life. Ms. Melissa is beautiful inside and out and is a true example of "practicing what you preach"!!

Thank you Ms. Melissa for being such a giving person and for sharing your time and heart with Payten, she (we) are very lucky to have you for her to look up to (oh and for Carter to Marry ;))

ps. hope you don't mind I stole a fb pic :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea!
I just had to add my two cents!! I am also VERY proud and VERY honored to have Ms Melissa in my daughters life. She is such an amazing role model and will be a great teacher, wife & mother someday!!! Thanks Melissa for all that you did this summer, and will continue to do for all our girls <3
The Straights

Anonymous said...

Hi! The Sawyer family is also very thankful, grateful and blessed that Missy gave up her Tuesdays for our girls. We love you Missy and pray that the Lord will bless you for your love and kindness!!!!!