Monday, April 13, 2009

The Middle Name Mystery

I was wondering......... do you think we were given middle names just for when we get in trouble?? I mean seriously that is the only time I use Payten or Carter's middle name --when I am getting on to them-- and come to think of it-- I only remember my mom calling me Ashley Dawn when I was in trouble-- Maybe we should test the theory-- if we don't give a kid a middle name-- would they be a good kid-- they would have to be -- we would have nothing to call them--Georgia-- maybe you should consider this for your little boy---

And just to compare my two kids- I don't think Payten knew her middle name until she was 5 or so--- Carter walks around now almost mocking me saying "Carter Jofes"--and I can't decide if I am more worried that he is mocking me (ok except for Jofes-- I don't quite say Joseph like that)--or that he knows his middle name at 3....


5 comments:

Jo said...

Ashley: Unfortunately the theory doesn't hold true. Neither Jeronimo nor his sister Veronica have middle names. Jero was a (reasonably) good kid, but Vero was quite rebellious. I know what you mean, though. I'm definitely giving my kids middle names, b/c it would seem so unsatisfying to not have one to shout when they get in trouble. :-)

mindy said...

How have we been friends this long without me knowing your middle name? I guess you haven't been in that serious of trouble with me.

Ashley B said...

Jo-- I guess it is a must-- I don't think it would seem right to just call them by one name in the heat of the moment :)

Mindy-- That is because you call me dork-- who needs to know my middle name when you have dork--

Anonymous said...

Ashley, My mother called me Linda B. I am still Linda B. My middle name is Marie, but it has hardly been used. So, one way or the other, a mother will find a middle name or initial to emphasize your first name and give you the message.
Aunt Linda

WV Girl said...

In Kylie's case she has many middle names...Kylie Jo, Kyliebug, and by you it's Kylie Mae. I wonder if she is confused? I don't think Spencer has been called Allen now that I think about it. He probably thinks his name is Toot Toot. Need I explain? Anyway, I think if we didn't use their middle names we would just use their last names instead.