Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ode to Sausage ball recipe maker upper.....

I would like to personally shake the hand of the person who thought of the sausage ball recipe... man they are good-- and I always look forward to making/eating them this time of year. There is nothing about the sausage ball that says "make me only at Christmas time" but for some reason I just don't think it would be right to eat them any other time of the year.

So tonight was the night --we made sausage balls, and enjoyed them as a family-- looking at the picture above, you can see not many of them made it to the left over pile...

So here's to you Mrs/Mr Sausage ball recipe maker upper, thanks for a great little recipe to give us a nice little snacky (tradition) to look forward to during the holiday seasons...

5 comments:

Georgia said...

Yum- we too love sausage balls. We have made them twice to take to different things in the last week....there aren't any left, so we will be making them again! We associate them with the holidays too and don't ever have them otherwise! I will so miss our Christmas get together this year!

Rebecca said...

I need that recipe...those are my favorite this time of year. MMMMM!!!

Stephanie said...

oh girl, you can enjoy sausage balls year round ... and it does feel oh so right! lol (of course, i am back to weight watchers now ... sausage balls year round could have been a cause for this!)

i would like to ditto your ode ... sausage balls are the best!

mindy said...

How about you post that recipe too....I can never remember. You know I don't know if they are a southern thing or what but I'd never even heard of them before moving here. They are heavenly...and ooooohhhh so healthy!

Ashley B said...

Georgie
We will definitely miss you guys too this Christmas!!! Miss our little get together tradition!!!