Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Trying Three's

What is this you might ask? An incident report from Carter's school-- and let me just summarize the form for you

Not listening to teacher-- threw a tantrum and Hit mouth on floor ---

oh yes we are officially feeling the effects of the "trying threes"-- remember just a day ago I posted a blog on a cut hand-- and now a swolen lip-- and what is the reoccurring theme here-- not listening

It is just the age right??-- make me feel good about this-- please let this just be the "trying threes"--that is just one year -- we can make it --right?

I vaguely remember Payten's three year old year-- I remember thinking-- she was such a good two year old-- the terrible twos were nothing--- but then she hit three-- and it was on

We did have a good conversation with him and told him if he keeps not listening we would take away his golf clubs and his four wheeler (his two favorite things)-- He didn't like the idea of us taking those things away-- So what was his response you might ask??

He first said-- "no not take my glof clubs or four wheeler" then he said "I chy listen, but I can't"

Did I say we had a good coversation? Well at least one half of the conversation was good.

4 comments:

mindy said...

bless his heart. he chies. he weally does. :)

Georgia said...

It is so challenging. We are there. We don't listen either and Ellie likes to run off - toward roads, strangers, etc. So, it is really fun. Sadly, we aren't even a month into our year.....thinking of you! :) He is so cute!

WV Girl said...

Sounds like the parenting to me. Just kidding. I had to say that because you would have said that to me. My day is coming not so far off from now. But we all know what a sweet little guy he is. He must get that from Joe. Just kidding again. Just trying to bring a smile to your face.

Ashley B said...

you always do :)-- and by the way-- you remember this in a couple of years-- well I guess you will not need to remember because I will be sure to remind you--