Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Always an adventure..

Never fails-- put Mindy and I in a new situation-- and it is always an adventure..last night at the gym was no different-- Mindy had a free pass and I wanted to try the gym so off we went..

Let's see where do we start?

oh okay Cardio--

Couldn't hang- Mindy set her machine @ 20 mins-- (can't even remember the name of the machine --that's how bad it was)--so of course I put my machine at 20 mins--I only lasted 15-- so like the true friend she is-- she stopped at 15 mins too--
That was after I struggled keeping my foot on the machine and had to slow down 3 or so times to adjust--

Then I went to lean over to grab the heart monitor and was so ungraceful that Mindy thought I was about to fall off and laughed so hard she spit her water out--

I did however burn 128 calories to her 121--but who was counting??


Speaking of Cardio -- when we were done with that horrible machine I said let's go do weights and then we will come back for a walk-- RIGHT--- sounded good at the moment--and I needed to show that I could hang on some cardio that I am good at-- I love to walk


So off to the Circuit--- (this would be the weights)

I don't think they would have been too bad-- but once Mindy taught me how to use the machine she would just stand there and laugh at the faces I made while doing the weights-- so there she stood just staring and giggling--

Leg Presses
Then on her favorite machines- -like the leg press she challenged me to do more -- she said "I did 30 and 15 on my calves"-- okay I was tired-- but couldn't resist the challenge--so I did 30 and 20 on the calves-- but who was counting? ---by the way my legs are loving me today--

Thigh Presses
Then there came the thigh presses-- the inner and outer thigh presses-- not sure if you know what these machines are like-- but from the beginning you start in an awkward position that you can't help but laugh about-- both of these machines ended with me practically falling off almost in cramps-- and scared I was going to get stuck in this not so "lady like" position.
Work those abs
We should have been done after those weights--but I wanted to do those inverse ab crunches -- where you are upright and sorta hang and pull your legs up to your tummy-- after debating on whether or not you should do abs when you have belly fat-- I convinced her to just try it-- we were tired but that didn't keep us from doing more and more just to prove we could do the same amount
Good News/Bad News
So good news we exercised-- bad news we were probably not the most professional or serious looking people in the place-- good thing for Joe and Brad that we didn't mention we were their wives-- because they are there almost every other night--and may be a little embarrased of the two women that giggled the whole time they were supposed to be exercising
Until Next time...
By the way-- we didn't go back to the cardio--that was a very quick passing thought-- but get ready Mindy because next time it is on!!!

1 comment:

mindy said...

First of all, that cartoon is a bit unflattering. Secondly, lets just clarify that I could have set the time for 45 minutes, the 20 was a courtesy to you my bff. Thridly, if you add in the number of calories I burned while laughing at you falling off the cross trainer, I definitely burned more than your 128!