Sunday, February 3, 2008

Carolina In my Mind

Last week-- yet another week away from home-- it was tougher this time, I left with the kids being a little more clingy than normal, Joe being a little more sweet than normal, friends telling me they were going to miss me-- then while I was there-- both the kids got sick-- so Joe had to miss work, so much that he couldn't take the time off on Friday to take Carter to the Circus-- and there I was in CT feeling helpless-- so since I was feeling a little sappy-- I made a mental list of the top 10 things I really miss while I am away---
  1. Good TV-- not that I watch a lot of TV but the hotel had about 4 channels and one was the menu channel--
  2. A feeling that I can help out my friends-- there were several friends coming to our rescue this week-- and the feeling that I am not near enough to pay them back or really tell them how much it means was difficult
  3. The mini van-- believe it or not I missed ol' bessie, sometimes when you don't drive all week it just seems weird-- and this time I drove Joe's car to the Airport, so she wasn't even there to greet me upon my return
  4. The smell of home-- sometimes that smell is of poopy diapers--but there is nothing like the smell of home
  5. My body pillow to snuggle-- yes I could make one with a bunch of pillows but they wouldn't be quite as cute as my body pillow at home ;)
  6. Eating at home with the family- it is funny the people in my training class are becoming as close as family-- but still miss those cute little Brownie faces looking at me and asking if they ate enough to have a snack
  7. My Comfy bed-- Was in a king at the hotel too-- but missed my pillow top mattress and snuggly home sheets
  8. A good shower-- those showers are good- but they dry you out for some reason
  9. Decent weather-- Man it was cold up there this time
  10. Then LAST but certainly not least was all of the loving, and fussing, and crying, and loving, and whining, and loving, and kisses, and fighting and loving-- from those sweet little babies of mine (and their daddy)--it is hard being a working mom especially when you know your babies are at home without you. With that said-- I have begun to appreciate recently the feeling of knowing that you have folks close enough to you that give your kids that same feeling of comfort even when Mommy is not home-- like little morning lovings as Payten enters school-- and a family that says we'll take Carter to the circus without hesitation.

As much as I hate to leave-- the feeling of coming home and the appreciation I have for my family and friends-- only deepens with each time of being away.

1 comment:

mindy said...

Sooooooo glad you are home. Now, change the music! ;)