Monday, January 21, 2008

The Coolest Gift.....

I said my birthday was over this year-- but that was not completely true-as I found out last week.. See what happened was this-- someone from my team at work-- asked what they (as a team) could do for me this year for Christmas and my Birthday-- they always come together and do such nice things for me--and I appreciate it very much-- but this year I told them-- I SERIOUSLY wanted nothing-- I feel so content with everything I have and that I wanted them to keep there money and not spend it on me. Then I said "if anyone is bellyaching over this (because I know several of them would be) then tell them to give there money to someone that needs it and give me a note to tell me about it"-- I knew I would love that---- and here is the result

(This is an email from one of my employees to the rest of the team)

Subject: Coats for Kids
As a team we are donating 16 coats to help keep area children warm this winter. For anyone still wishing to donate, coats are being accepted at Ashley Furniture stores until Monday, January 14th. I am taking the coats tonight and donating them for our team.
Thank you to everyone who donated money and coats. Also, thank you Jan and Melissa for shopping.


Angela Sinard
Proclaim Appeals Quality Reviewer
Proclaim Pre-Pay Corrective Analyst
Manager: Ashley Stone Brown


Now that is a cool gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great team I have to come together and do this they bought over 12 of these brand new.

(BTW no offense to the skid proof bowling socks I got; HE HE HE HE HE)

2 comments:

mindy said...

That turned out great!

Anonymous said...

What great friends! To honor your request so graciously and help people , too. You have great friends because you generate love and light. Luv you, Linds S.