Saturday, October 20, 2007

My future ..As told by the cookie...

I went to a wedding today. At the reception the couple had tables set up of memories and pictures, and on one of the tables they had a picture frame and inside of it was two (fortune cookie) fortunes from their first date. Both of their fortunes related to a new relationship, that would be permanent.. and there they were today getting married.

I thought it was really cute---do you believe in fortunes???? I had Chinese tonight (not because of the wedding fortunes... I promise...just in the mood for it), anyway, my fortune from my cookie tonight says "You will obtain your goal, if you maintain your course". A couple of weeks ago, I had Chinese, I kept my fortune, and it reads "Use your abilities at this time to stay focused on your goal, You will succeed."

Oddly enough I have put a lot of thought lately into my future goals... I will hold on to these, maybe one day I will have a reason to frame them too.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And why didn't you call to read those to me? You know that is rambling message worthy! :) Oddly enough we had Chinese last night too...but my fortune cookie didn't seem to make sense...or maybe that's just because I'd been at that festival all day and night!
-M

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to thank my wife for the portion that she dedicated to me in her blog. Without you guys I would not be where I am today. I love you.