Friday, October 5, 2007

Bathroom Pet Peeves


I received an email today with a few cartoons about typical coworkers-- I could relate to all of the cartoons, but the one attached, unfortunately I relate to way more than the others. Yep those are my feet in that stall-- no not my pointy shoes, would never wear those, but being in the profession I am in-- I do tend to attract those people that want to follow me to the bathroom talking-- they don't really peek under the stall--- that is creepy, but they do follow me in and talk through my entire bathroom break-- and it is a bit annoying, and reminded me of some of my other Bathroom Pet Peeves..........

  1. The Cell Phone Talker--okay there are only a couple of friends that I feel comfortable enough with that I can keep them on the phone while I potty---but to consider taking them into a public bathroom where they can hear everyone else and think it is me--- oh no, especially our bathroom at work-- the sounds that come from there are scary (Right Cindy :)) . Also it is annoying to everyone else in the bathroom-----I have actually responded before to people talking on their cell phones-- I think they are bathroom talkers and trying to talk to me.
  2. Mrs Excuse me....Why-- why would you excuse yourself-- you are in a bathroom, and it embarrasses me for you. I would rather not know who you are. Really-- manners are not needed in the bathroom (well except for courtesy flushes that people don't use enough)
  3. The Mr. Rogers (well I guess it would be Mrs. Rogers)--Either way--I don't want to be your neighbor--- at work we have 15 stalls, I counted them one day-- so when they are all empty, why do you choose the one beside me? I mean I have a preferred stall myself, but I can improvise if someone is right beside it--

I am sure these are not all of my bathroom pet peeves, but for today these were the things that came to mind when I saw this cartoon, and just had to get them off my chest.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, here is some bathroom trivia for you from your germophobic friend- statistics show the first stall is the cleanest. For real. I don't make these things up.

Secondly, never- I repeat NEVER use the public bathrooms at a carnival! ;)

M-