Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Taking note of my commitment

Cigna has a Shape up Challenge-- and because I am taking the physical exercise challenge-- I was able to get a personal health coach-- so this was my commitment to Tiffany (my PHC) during our first meeting today --- she says if I write/type it out I will be more likely to stick to it--so this one's for Tiffany (and of course me)

Since I have been drinking more sweet tea lately-- she didn't ask me to completely get rid of it (thanks Tiffany) however she did ask me to drop the sugar a notch- from a cup per gallon to 3/4 of a cup per gallon-- (just when Joe started liking Sweet tea- my PHC makes me drop the sweet) we will see how that goes-- I think I will be good-- but Joe may need his own special sweet tea.

Exercise 3 times per week--  30-35 mins-- got to start quick this week-- tomorrow is Wednesday and I am at 0 times for 0-0 mins-- still time to make up right?

Use my portion plate, at as many sittings as I can-- this came in my Shape up Kit-- My portion plate says I have to fill half my plate with Veggies and fruits at least (sheesh-- gotta get those fruits and veggies to fill it with first)-- I can't quite remember the rest-- but I can't mess up too bad considering it is right on the handy dandy portion plate.

So at least I have done step one-- writing down my commitment--

now the hard part comes-- sticking to it--

maybe since she will be calling me every 2 weeks it will help with accountability!!

We will see-- wish me luck!!

No comments: