Thursday, October 29, 2009

His first apology letter


Carter had been doing oh so well at school recently and for some reason this week he's had several rough days. Not listening and yelling--I think he has lost his mind-- anyway --so tonight I made him write--well really say out loud an apology letter that we will give to Mrs. Victoria and Mrs. Brooke tomorrow.


Not sure if you can read it so let me blow it up for you:

Mrs. Victoria and Mrs. Brooke,

I'm going to be nice everyday and I'm going to be nice to Mrs. Victoria, and I'm going to be nice to my friends.

I love you and I miss you and I'll be nice. I'm sorry and I'll let you come to my house. I love you and I miss you and I still want to be nice. Love you and I'll give you hugs.


Love
Carter
I have a hunch that his first apology letter will not be his last.......

2 comments:

mindy said...

You know I first tried that "write a letter about the kid you want to be" technique about 4 years ago...I had this lovely little girl in my class that had made a not so good choice and I knew that wasn't really who she was. If I remember correctly, it was quite empowering for her and I'm sure it will be for Carta Bown too!

By the way, if you'd blog more often my comments wouldn't have to be this long! ;)

Ashley B said...

I know -- you are my mentor-- I was thinking of that today as I was transcribing his note.

I like your long comments :)